Position: Assistant / Office Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Posted: May 18th, 2017
The dual role of Assistant and Office Manager in the Chicago branch encompasses a wide range of administrative, organizational, communication, and personal skills, all while working in a fast-paced environment that oversees the careers of multiple established artists in a broad range of genres. As Assistant you will be expected to coordinate, plan, execute, and liaise on behalf of clients as well as their managers. As Office Manager you will be expected to run the daily operations of an active office covering a wide range of administrative tasks (outlined below). Ideal candidates are highly motivated self-starting problem solvers who possess not only a strong passion for music and artists, but also for the greater business of music.
Essential Qualities and Skills:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and any other materials to the attention of Victoria Roe at victoria(at)ekonmgmt(dot)com
Summer 2017 Intern
Location: Chicago, IL
3 Days/Week (20 hours/week)
Ekonomisk Management is a full service artist management firm. An internship is being offered for Winter 2016. May be taken for college credit if applicable.
An internship with Ekonomisk Management requires great attention to detail, as well as a mind for problem solving. Proficiency with Excel, Word, basic HTML, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop suite, Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites are also part and parcel. Previous music industry experience is encouraged, but not required. Applicant should possess not only a strong passion for music and artists, but also for the greater “business of music”.
Internship duties include, but are not limited to:
- Update artists’ social network sites. Assist with viral marketing campaigns
- Catalogue live recordings
- Research flights, hotels, directions, supporting acts, etc.
- Inventory and organize artist merchandise
- Manage client mail order and online web store
- Update travel documents and artist itineraries
- Check promoter/venue websites for proper show information
- Work closely with artists' street teams
- Archive press
- Address licensing requests
- Submit client set lists to performance right societies and publishers
- General office duties (phones, fax, scan, ship, track packages)
Please email your resume and any other materials to the attention of Victoria Roe at firstname.lastname@example.org